Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sweet dreams Little Tilly

My beautiful, precious little Tilly, you have no idea what a huge impact you have had on my life.
You were the sweetest little hen I have ever come across. You would frequently hop up onto the bench and clamber onto my lap for a cuddle, I have never known anything like it. You were such a gentle little girl, you would give me kisses all the time.
You have no idea what a massive hole you are leaving in our lives. You were with us for nearly ten months, and I hope I managed to give you a very happy life. I am grateful that you got to experience fresh air, grass under your toes, every season and every weather. You were loved, something you had never had before.

Rest in peace my precious little angel, Mummy loved you so very much xxxx
 

Photobucket

10 comments:

Sharon said...

So sorry to hear you lost a hen. A special ex batt too. I lost one around a month ago, she died in the night in the nest box. I know how you are feeling today, I felt the same. Console yourself with the thought of 'as one door closes, another one opens'. You can now give another needy ex bat a retirement home for life.Out of the fifteen ex batts I have had, I have found there are alot of lovely little hens like your Tilly. They worm their way into your hearts big time don't they.

Lori said...

I'm so sorry about Tilly. It sounds like you gave her the best life a little hen could possibly have and she has left you with lots of happy memories. It's a fantastic thing that you and other rescuers do for them.

Net said...

Aw sorry to hear about your chook Rena.

Sharon said...

Its my turn to cry this week :o( I have lost two hens this week *sob* I'm heartbroken. I have blogged about it, its not helping though!

Kerry said...

Sorry to hear about your hen, it's harder when they have such an endearing character. I lost my little Lola suddenly last week (the yellow budgie that was on my 'What's in a name' page) she was always so happy and lively. Poor Charlie looks a bit lost as she was his first Love!

Cheryl said...

Ohhh I love the picture of your African Gray. What a lovely bird! I have a senegal. My bronze wing pionus just passed away a few months ago.

Sorry to read of your loss in the post. :(

Thank you for your comment on my cards for the Meljen's blog hop. Good luck with the prize draw.

Anna said...

Hi :) Just popped by to say to say how sorry I was to hear about Tilly.

Sarah Keerie said...

:( she was such an adorable chook, hope she is running around with Mindy one of mine that went to the chook rainbow. xxxxxx

Charlotte said...

Oh Rena this is so sad, but what a wonderful life you gave Tilly, what a difference you made to her hun xxx

Helen (Drews partner) said...

Hi correna,
so sorry to hear that you lost Tilly!!!
At least she had a nice life & lots of love for the last part of her life. She was such a funny little chicken, just wish we got to know her better!
Hope to see you & your mum soon (as Drew cant wait to see his Dad)
Take care & give our love to everyone
Helen & Drew XxX