Wednesday, February 27, 2008

what a bliddy night for those of us unfortunate enough to experience our 5.3 earthquake!

I was sat in bed on the lappy, and someone in a chatroom I was in posted that they had an earthquake- I read it, and then it hit. The cat fell out of bed, I leapt out of bed to go and calm Simba downstairs, knowing what a panic he would be in having experienced the last one in 2002 with him. The force almost knocked me over! Simba was way more freaked this time round, poor lil sausage had grazed both sides of his face, and as he came out of his cage he flew in a panic, hit the floor then flew back up to mama's shoulder where he stayed. Got him back in his cage after about 20 minutes soothing him, but he was so scared he would only hang from the top of the cage, so I had to make the decision to sleep on the sofa with him. I couldn't leave him on his own in that state love him.

Finally managed to settle him at around 3am. He is coping fine today on the lack of sleep- me, not so much!


Poor Jess had a bit of a week, another cat attacked her and resulted in most of one of her claws being ripped out of one of her back paws. She is a lot better now, after much limping and cleaning it up. It certainly seems less sore tonight. To top it all off I woke up on Sunday morning at 5am to find the very same cat in my bedroom having chased Jess in there. I was not impressed. The cat then tried to get out, but as the cat flap was set to 'in only' it smashed its way through instead. Proper smashed too, snapped all the fixings off the door so I now have a draft coming in where the cat flap was- trying to find another the same but it's not easy!


Got a new speedy laptop on Saturday, so am whizzing about now- 2gb of ram heaven!


Off on Friday for a girly afternoon of facials and spa treatments, then we are gonna go to the bar and bistro too- can't wait and my poor skin really needs it!


Discovered some great pics last night (thanks Rob!) there was a comp running to change a movie title by one letter...I roared at some of them til I cried heehee! So I thought I would leave some of my faves in my next few posts. Some are far too rude to post on here even though they are side-splittingly funny. Thanks beta!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bless poor Jess, sendng her lots of love (and her bodygaurd will be around soon to sort out the bully!!!) Also lots o hugs to Simba, it was very scary but Levi was only concerned in case he was missing out on a biscuit!!!

Love to you all...oh and he has got it...and it is fab!! Do you want to come and play??

Love

Ali and Levi xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Bless poor Jess, sendng her lots of love (and her bodygaurd will be around soon to sort out the bully!!!) Also lots o hugs to Simba, it was very scary but Levi was only concerned in case he was missing out on a biscuit!!!

Love to you all...oh and he has got it...and it is fab!! Do you want to come and play??

Love

Ali and Levi xxxx

greyparrot said...

the marriage proposal is more appealing already ;) Glad levi was ok bless him! x